Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Scientific Seamstress: Katie's Fancy Pants



You all know how much I love Scientific Seamstress.
Recently I made myself the Women's Judy Pants and I am completely in love with them.

Now introducing Katie's Fancy Pants!

Features:
  • pockets
  • high rise and low rise options
  • full elastic waist band or elastic back/drawstring front
  • regular pants or with bottom ruffles
  • Inseam lengths from 8" to 29"
  • Sizes: 12 months to 12
Like with my pants, I rolled the facing out for a faux piping look.
Also as with my pants, I used the high rise back and low rise front for little Cookie Dough
If you use both, make sure to grade the front sides up to match the high rise back sides.
.


The Katie pants are super fast to sew up: a quick 3 hours from cut to finish.  
The most time consuming part is attaching all the facing.
As always, Carla has the most awesome instructions and detailed charts and graphics for getting the most absolute perfect fit plus lots of instructions making these a beginner pattern.


They easily fit over itty bitty diaper bums.


I am head over heels in love with this little girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment