Sunday, February 9, 2014

Scientific Seamstress/Sis Boom: Judy's Fancy Pants


Scientific Seamstress and Sis Boom have released Judy's Fancy Pants for women!
It comes in size range XS to 3XL.
These pants curve with your body and have a nice flare at the bottom.

There are optional front pockets and optional back darts for a more
tailored pant.

There are two options for the waist band: full around elastic or elastic back and drawstring front.

Speaking of options, there are two rise cut lines:  low and high.
Low rise works well for shorter ladies or those with a flatter bum.
High rise is better for taller women or those with a larger boo-tay.

I'm an average height, however, my legs take up 2/3 of my body.
Therefore, I did high rise back and low rise front.
If you are going to mix the two rises, you will need raise the side seam lines on your front pieces
to line up with the back height.

I also did the elastic back/drawstring front option. 
I prefer this option; it makes the pants look a bit fancier.
They are Judy's FANCY pants after all!

The leg hems and waist band are faced.
You can use the same fabric to face, but an accent fabric is fun.
I left 1/4" of my facing on the right side of the fabric to give a faux piping effect.



The pattern includes cut lines for 30"-36" inseam.

I'm the long lost Beetle's member.
(sigh, pixie cut grow out pains)

As with ALL Scientific Seamstress/Sis Boom patterns, the instructions are nicely written with clear diagrams and photos.  And, my favorite part, the sizes are NOT nested.  So you only have to print one size.

I can pretty much guarantee you won't have problems sewing these pants.  This is a beginners pattern. However, if you do have questions, or just want to meet some really amazing ladies,
check out the Scientific Seamstress Fan Page on Facebook!

Oh, cut to finish, took me 3 hours.  Easy evening project!



No comments:

Post a Comment