Sunday, March 9, 2014

Sewaholic Thurlow Trousers: Muslin



I bought Sewaholic Thurlow Trouser pattern in June/July last year.  I immediately cut out a muslin-which has been sitting on my cutting table since.  OI!
Part of me was scared because pants seem intimidating and the other half was always distracted by other sewing projects.  A friend of mine *cough Autumn* hounds me daily to get those biatches sewn up.  Last night, I finished a dress for Ali and decided to start on the muslin.
I thought it would take me a few days, but gosh darn, these sewed up SO fast!

I need two alterations:
1.  The waist band is a bit tight-let that out 1/2" or so
2.  Extend the back crotch to remove the wedgie

My measurements compared to the pattern chart would be size 2-6-0.
Based on other reviews of the shorts, I cut a straight 0.  The shorts hit right at your belly button, so base your size on that. Now, if you have thick thighs or a large boo-tay, you will need to do a full adjustment in that area.
I LOVE Lladybird and she did a Thurlow sewalong.  She has a long list of great alternation links to help with all of your problems.
Here is her muslin party link with all the alternation websites.



As you can see, there is pulling on the front.  The waistband is too tight.
I can let that out a bit on the back side just long the waistband and not mess with the pants pieces.

That hole is because I forgot to cut a muslin pocket lining piece.
I might take the leg in a bit to make the butt more flattering.

AHHHH!!!! Why is that in my face?

I am cutting another size 0 but with a 2 or 4 back crotch extension.

These pants are super easy to sew.  Don't be scuuured!





No comments:

Post a Comment