Monday, March 24, 2014

Bad Gone Good: Chocolate Chip Cookies



I have very few rules in life.  Two rules, actually.

1.  Ask forgiveness, not permission.
2.  Eat big cookies.

The first rule is common sense.

I don't play around with cookie eating.  It's serious business.
If I'm going blow calories on a cookie; I want it to be a damn good cookie.
Which brings me to my second rule in life.  Part of identifying a cookie as "damn good" includes the size.  Anything smaller than 2.5" diameter is chump work.  Small cookies are for children or those with sand in their panties.

A while back, I stumbled upon this recipe:  Flourless chocolate chip cookie.
Sounded pretty good to me, so I tried it out.  I was very impressed.  I, however, was NOT impressed with the quantity of cookies.  The recipe as is makes about 6 cookies.  
REALLY? Are you trying to piss me off?  Because you did a good job.

I've taken the liberty of QUADRUPLING the recipe for you. You're welcome!


3 cups rolled oats
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1/3 cup white sugar
4 Tbl butter, melted
5Tbl milk
8 Tbl chocolate chips
(who are we shitting?  Make it 12)

1. Pre-heat oven to 375.

2.  Mix oats, baking soda, salt, brown sugar, and white sugar in bowl.
Or blend if you really want.
3.  Add butter and milk. Once incorporated, fold in chocolate chips. 

4.  Spoon out lumps on your cookie sheet.  They are moist and don't want to stick together, so press them with your fingers.




5.  Bake for 6-8 minutes.  
At 6 minutes, the cookie will be very soft.  
At 8 minutes, much firmer.

6.  Serve to the wild banshees. 




Honestly, I'm not sure how much healthier these are compared to regular chocolate chip cookies.
There is far less butter and no flour, so we shall say they are guiltless.
Bon Appetit!





No comments:

Post a Comment