Monday, February 3, 2014

Saffron Twirl Dress in Knit


My good ol' pal Karly over at Paisley Roots released the Saffron Twirl Dress....I don't remember when, but I've made three of them.  Scratch that, this is my 4th.
Easy and fast pattern. Love it!

This time, I attempted it in knit.  Why?  Well, why not?
Here are the changes I made and changes I would make next time.

Changes I made:
1.  Scoop neck-you can see how to do so here.
2.  I did not line the bodice and added binding to the neck and arm holes
3.  Made an elastic back band verses the button tab.
4. I still put the elastic in the skirt, but reduced the amount of elastic by a few inches.

Changes I would make next time with knit:
1.  Shorten the bodice by 2 inches or so.
2.  That's all.
I would shorten the bodice because knit stretches and pulls down with the skirt weight.

Overall, still love this dress.  Perfect for playing on a hot summer day.





No comments:

Post a Comment