Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Sew Much Ado: Seafarer Pattern Review



First, administrative information. If you look at the top left of the page, just above the "about me" and my picture, you will see PAGES!  Yippee for me figuring out Blogger.  I have a page for all the pattern reviews thus far plus a page for recipes.  There are many more patterns I've sewn but never posted pictures.  I will slowly start adding all of the beginner patterns I did when I first started sewing.  It's scary when you first start and I had no idea what kind of patterns to buy.  Hopefully I can help some new sewing mamas out.  

Movin' on.

Recently I was introduced to Sew Much Ado's Seafarer pattern. It's a classic pattern and a staple in the closet.  I think this took me 1.5-2 hours to sew up.  Pretty quick.  It's a great fit.  Roomy and forgiving yet still flattering on the figure.  Most importantly, comfortable! If you are in between sizes, I would size down.  That's the most wonderful aspect of knit, sizing down! :)

I don't have much else to say other than I love this shirt and will definitely be making many many more in all the different ways possible.  

Prepare yourself for some ridiculous pictures.




I really took this photo shoot too far.

Stupid remote has to be pointed directly at the camera.

Thinking about Jack Sparrow .



Don't cha love my invisible boat?

I just gave up

Caught her eating MUD.  She was mad at me. BTW, she's wearing Designs by Moo's Bubble Skirt
My 3 year old really loves her bubble skirt "tutu", so yes, I do recommend this pattern.  I'll do a review soon.

6 comments:

  1. oh my goodness!!! Did you make that banner just for these pictures? Love your shirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made the bunting for an extended family photo shoot we did in May. The other side of the bunting says "Family". :)

      Delete
  2. This post made my day! So fun and I love your top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've made my day too! I'm glad I could make people giggle over my silliness. Sometimes my great ideas aren't even really good ones! Ha!

      Delete
  3. Love your Seafarer :) and your pictures are so fun!

    ReplyDelete