Monday, July 22, 2013

New Sewing Table!

Saturday afternoon I went online to our local buy/sell website (like Craigslist but for Camp Pendleton) and on the home page there was a listing for a FREE corner sewing table!
FREE!  No time wasted, I called the number and said I would be there in 30 minutes.  I pulled Ali out of bed, got the girls into the car and drove over to the house knowing the table would not fit into my SUV without the back seats folded down.  However, I HAD to stake my claim before another sewing ho stole it from me. 
Arrived at the house.  The lady told me she took a bar table and cut it apart to create the corner and chopped the legs down.  She also cut out one sewing machine hole but never attached an under mount piece.  The table is uglier than sin.  It's PERFECT, though! Exact size to hold two machines and when the hubby gets back from deployment, I'll have him fix the under mount for me.  
 I was wondering with who I could pawn the girls on so I could go back to pick up the table.  Instead, I gave the lady $15 so her husband would deliver it to the house.  Totally worth $15, don't you think?

 This thing is BIG and won't fit through a regular door.  Thank goodness my sewing room is the sun room and we have large sliding glass doors to carry it into the backyard and around to the side of the house and back into the sun room  Also, it's a good that I've been working out.  It takes guns to carry this beast by oneself.  Or it takes a man, which mine is not home at this moment in time.



Ahhh, my mismatched room.  But I'm in love with it.  The new table allowed me to put the white tables together to have a full size cutting area!  I love how it's so cozy!  I need a new stool with swivel top and wheels.  I'll be able to scoot around and grab what I need!

Eve is modeling my latest sewing project.  Don't worry, it's getting a major overhaul.  

I put a butcher block on top of the hole for the time being. Baby Daddy will be home in March.  Maybe I can figure out how to fix the under mount?  Nah, I'll wait.

There is always room for more fabric!

No comments:

Post a Comment