Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Deer and Doe Datura Blouse

Venturing into the realm of selfish sewing!
It really makes more sense to sew for myself.  Kids grow out of clothes so fast!  By the time I finish making the girls a wardrobe, it's the next season and they need a bigger size.  I know I'll be the same size and I can wear it year after year.  


This is take 1.  There will be many, many more of these in the near future.  It sewed up super quick and fits so well.  Perfect for summer.

I'll be completely honest. I made the peter pan collar and then forgot to sew it on the front yoke.  I finished making the bodice and realized I didn't attach the collar.  I opted to not rip everything apart to put it on.  I'll save the collar for the next Datura!
The yoke is Karl's old dress shirt that had a rip in the sleeve.  The bottom is a sheer, flowy shirting fabric. There are so many ways to jazz this blouse up.  Hopefully I will have a few more sewn together in a week or two.

Forgive the sans make up and 80's side ponytail.



On the back is a faux button placket.  Next time I might make the buttons functional.  However, the shirt is a slip on, so either way the buttons aren't actually functional. 
 I think I need to change to green buttons so they "pop".


Next on the list is a pattern test for Candy Castle!  Should be finished by Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment