Monday, July 15, 2013

Victory's Lola

My third selfish sewing adventure (no, I have not blogged about #2 yet) was Victory's Lola.
This has to be one of the fastest clothing items I've ever sewn.  3 hours flat from cut to finish.  No issues, no problems, no ripping seams.  FAST.

I used a light weight sweat shirt fabric I bought on super sale from www.fabric.com.  Even though it's fairly light weight knit, it's still too warm for this summer weather.  It will be perfect for fall and with leggings during winter.  

Action shots.







Right now I'm pattern testing another bag for Paco Bean.  This bag is super pretty, retro, vintage, awesome.
After  that, I'll start a muslin (trial run) of Sewaholic's Thurlow Trousers in shorts. With pants, I'm not brave enough to start cutting into the light weight wool I bought without testing the sizing first. 

2 comments:

  1. What great action shots!! Was ali the photographer?? :) Very very cool dress. I'd say it was a "victory"! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't normally sew clothes aside from the occasional maxi skirt, but this is just my style... I may need to make this!

    ReplyDelete