Saturday, August 10, 2013

Little Lizard King Retro Glam Skirt Pattern Test



I am very proud to have tested for Little Lizard King and her new Retro Glam Skirt! You can buy as an all size bundle or from 6 months -5T + doll or 6-14+ doll.
When I showed my 3 year old a picture of the skirt, she was THRILLED! We headed to the fabric store and she picked out the two main fabrics.  A little bit sweet and a little bit sassy!

The skirt took me about 3 hours to sew up.  Very simple instructions and easy to follow.  Great pattern for an advanced beginner sewer.  

The skirt has a flat front and elastic back waist band.  You can use regular elastic or there is also an option for sizable elastic (the preferred method) AND a tutorial for making your own sizable elastic, which is what I did! The pattern also comes with a Rockabilly hair wrap pattern and a doll size pattern.

This skirt is very diverse, which is why I love it so.  Kari from That's Sew Kari made hers the Candy Corn Cutie.  Check it out!  Perfect for the entire fall!

Another tester chose fabrics to mimic a cheerleader skirt.  It was equally adorable.  (Once I receive permission to link photos, I will).

I also think this skirt would be awesome made from bandanas and denim for a cowgirl look.  Some of the other testers also suggested a skirt for each Disney Princess or Minnie Mouse.  All great ideas.  Like I said, VERY versatile!

Here is Ali enjoying her skirt "tutu".  She receive many compliments on it at school.








Definitely passed the twirl test!


1 comment:

  1. OMG! That second picture is adorable!!! She is so darling and love the skirt!!

    ReplyDelete