Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Zafarani Saffron Twirl Dress Neckline Options!


Yesterday, Zafarani Designs released her first PDF sewing pattern!  
Introducing the Saffron Twirl Dress! You NEED this pattern!
It comes in sizes 6-12mo to 8 years.  Until next Monday, it is only $6! After that it's $9.  $9 isn't all that bad either, that's only $1 per size!

(Click the first link to like her Facebook page and click the second link above to go buy her pattern.)

I was one of the lucky pattern testers for this gorgeous dress.  
It features a V-neck front with button tab closure on the back.  
The back of the skirt portion has a bit of elastic for dressing and playing ease.  
Along with a long sash to tie in the back or double wrap around for a tie in the front
With a full skirt, this dress has MAJOR twirl action!
The Saffron Twirl dress is a perfect fit for the little girl in your life.






I am so beyond excited about this dress, I made 3 (yes, THREE) in a weeks time!
The dress above is size 2 on my very chubby 15 month old little girl.

For my 3 year old, I made two and did two different neck line options: Scoop and square necks




 Take your front bodice piece (the back pieces will remain the same).
Trace your front piece on scrap paper.

Here's your tracing.  For BOTH necklines, take your ruler and draw lines straight down and across as shown.  If you are doing the square neck, stop here and cut out your pattern with the new lines you just drew and continue with Zafarani sewing instructions.  If you are doing scoop, see the step below.

Using the square neck as a guide, make a curve line along the 90 degree angle. 
Easy peasy, huh?  Cut out that new bodice and follow the Zafarani sewing instructions.

 I had already cut my piece with a V-neck, so I retraced and cut again.

 Make sure you have your model close to agree with fabric choices.

That's it!  I know you'll enjoy this pattern as much as I do.  The little girl in your life will love twirling and jumping and showing her new "tutu" to all her friends at school, I promise!

You can also hop over to Ginger Dimples to see how she jazzed up her neckline with applique.
I call them tears of angels crying over how beautiful her daughter is.








3 comments:

  1. Seriously gorgeous Brianne!! Love the tutorial too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these dresses and your girls!!! Thanks for the tutorial, babe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These dresses are so beautiful! The girls are the best models ever!

    ReplyDelete