Sunday, January 18, 2015

Victory Lola II



Victory's Lola dress is one of my favorite patterns.  You can see funny pics my first Lola HERE and a more serious review HERE.



Why do I love this dress?  Because it's a fast 3 hour sew and impossible to screw up.
For this dress, I chose my alma mater sweatshirt fabric.  Sweatshirt fabric doesn't stretch, so I used fleece as the side panels to counter act the non stretchy front and back.  It fits well, but I had an issue with the under arms being too tight because it's not stretchy enough.  I let out the seam allowance as much as I could and it's better, but not really ideal.  I would recommend all stretchy fabric for this dress.  Despite that, I do love my dress and even got compliments from the roommate.


 I realize these are not great pics.  But it's cold outside.  I'll be honest, I'm not freezing my ass off to take better-ish pictures for my readers.  You will have to accept selfies in front of a mirror.



















Happy Sunday and have a great MLK day!


No comments:

Post a Comment