Tuesday, January 13, 2015

New Iron and Ironing board review


Our 6th anniversary is in a few days. I like to stick to the traditional gift ideas.  Year 6 traditional gift is iron or candy.  I certainly don't need candy, so I asked for a new iron and ironing board.

My old iron was a $20 Hamilton Beach.  It was a great iron but liked to occasionally, and without warning, throw up rust stains on my fabric.  Oh the rage.
My ironing board was a super cheap 10 Euro specialty from Auchan in Naples, Italy. That POS was sho
rt.  Really short.  It wasn't very sturdy either.

I heard Target carries extra tall ironing boards.  I picked up this one.  It has a storage shelf on the bottom and a lovely place to hold your iron. The tallest setting hits right at my hips so no more bending over. The pad that comes with the board is quite thin.  I would recommending getting an extra pad to put on top.
Target also has this MEGA wide board, which was quite tempting.

Comparison of my old ironing board and the new one.

It has friggin' cup holders too!

When I told the ol' man I really wanted a new iron, he took on the responsibility of researching the best. And I trust his research.

This beauty arrived in the mail a few days ago.  Rowenta Steam Focus.


















 400 steam holes.  3 way auto off.  Contoured tip. Self cleaning.  7' cord.
 

















 Turn the dial to select your heat.  There is also an LED light that comes on to confirm your setting.


















The iron auto turns off after 8 minutes of standing unmoved on it's end, after 30 seconds of laying flat without motion, and 30 seconds if on it's side without motion.
Once you pick up the iron and jiggle it around, it automatically heats up again and this baby heats up quick fast. It irons very smoothly too.  It just glides across the fabric.
My only dislike is the cord is not retractable.   My husband also mentioned that in his research he discovered the American made Rowentas are not as reliable as the ones that specify "Made in Germany".

 If you're in the market for a new iron, I do recommend this Rowenta!





No comments:

Post a Comment