Thursday, September 4, 2014

Paisley Roots' All Spice-My Little Pony style


Hello and Happy Day!

Who's in the mood for something new? I get excited to see fresh ideas.

Paisley Roots' designer and owner Karly (winner of Project Run and Play Season 8!)
has a great eye for design and style.
She has just release her second pattern, the All Spice.

You can check out her first pattern-the Saffron.  I also made a knit version and have a tutorial for changing up the neckline.



The All Spice dons pin tuck pleats, square neck, and gathered skirt. 
The bodice can be closed with front buttons or a cool exposed zipper.
 Photo by Conversas de Hermanas


Sleeves: 4 options
sleeveless
cap sleeves
flutter sleeves
long sleeves.

Awesome, right?!! Yes it is.


Time: Maybe 3.5 hours.  
It took me 30 minutes alone to get those buttons perfect.

Sizes: 6/12 months to 12 years (19"-30" chest)

Difficulty: Advanced beginner.
The instructions for the zipper and pin tucks are amazing.
But you should feel comfortable making clothes and bodices.


I love the pin tuck pleats-something you don't see often.
I also love that with the buttons and zipper on the front, my girls can dress themselves.

What little girl doesn't want a My Little Pony dress?

Fabrics:
My Little Pony, obviously, you can get it at Joanns.
Blue is a stretch poplin from Fabric.com.

Hop over to Paisley Roots to see lots of other All Spice goodness and get ideas
for making your own.

What's your favorite aspect of the All Spice?

Like what you see?
Get the All Spice 25% off now until September 7th with the code ALLSPICE!




No comments:

Post a Comment