*This blog post contains affiliate links. By purchasing a pattern through my link, I receive a portion of the sale.*
If you buy any Swoon pattern, make sure it's Bonnie. Bonnie is the coolest of the cool.
Bonnie has an oval bottom, exterior double welt zipper pocket, comfortable shoulder strap,
and recessed zipper. I chose to not include the zipper on the welt pocket so it's easy to slip my phone in.
The color block exterior offers the ability to mash together two of your favorite fabrics or use the same fabric for both sides.
My fabric is a semi-thick linen. It was an ombre shower curtain I found on super clearance at Tarjay.
I found the hardware at my local fabric store. They are plastic belt buckles. I love that they are orange and match the fabric so well.
The interior is a blank canvas. It's easy to add slip and zipper pockets. The interior fabric is Blend Clementine. Makes you want an Orange Julius, doesn't it?
Bonnie is a very fast sew-3 hours tops. She's great for experienced beginner sewists who are new to sewing bags.
- 1/2 yard 44" quilting weight Main Exterior fabric
- 1/2" yard quilting weight basic exterior fabric
- 2/3" quilting weight Lining fabric
- 2.5" yards woven fusible interfacing (ex Pellon Shape flex 101)
- 1/4" heavy sew in stabilizer (Pellon Peltex 70)
- 15" or longer main compartment zipper
- 7" welt pocket zipper (optional)
- Two 1.5" O-rings or 1" rectangle loops
Here is my second Bonnie. The exterior is a stretch denim. Because of the heavier fabric, I did NOT use interfacing on the exterior. For this one, I chose to do interior zipper pocket and slip pockets.
I do not know the name of the cowgirl fabric. The interior is Michael Miller.