Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Frozen Elsa Dress


Ah, Frozen.  
The current favorite movie over here, as I sure it is in ALL households with a young girl(s).
Ali Cat has been begging me for a month solid, maybe more, for an Elsa Dress.
The details she requested.  Knee length, blue, and a veil.
I thought I would need to draft a pattern but then found Made for Mermaids Elsa dress pattern.
The pattern was a great starting point.  I felt the pattern was a bit wide for Ali and took the bodice in by 4 inches. I also narrowed the sleeves by 3" or so and used a narrow hem instead of elastic.
Ali also requested a gathered skirt verses the circle skirt in the pattern.






I swapped out an all purpose zipper for an invisible and attached  a veil across the back.  I wanted the veil to be one piece, so I had to cut a small slit at the top in order to get the zipper through.
I could have attached the veil at the neckline, but was afraid it would have pulled it back.
Surely there is a better way to attach the veil, but I couldn't think of one.


Topped off with an "Elsa braid".

Ali's in love!


No comments:

Post a Comment