Sunday, October 19, 2014

Winter Pajamas


Baby, it's gettin' cold outside!

The nights have been chilly in these here parts. And the daytime weather seems to have taken a turn today as well.  I can't stand the thought of my babies being cold.  So in anticipation, I have begun making the girls' winter pajamas.






The patterns to use were an easy choice.

Tops: Sewing Mama RaeAnna's Cupcake Top
Bottoms: FREE CKC Taylor PJ pants

 
If you've been reading my blog for awhile, you know how much I adore the Cupcake top pattern.  It is hands down my most used clothing pattern.  The shirt is adorable with the pocket and optional ruffles to make it super girly.  The Cupcake Top is also the perfect t-shirt base.  I've shortened the sleeves to make regular t-shirts and also extended the length to make summer time pjs.  For these winter pjs, I cropped the bodice and added a "tutu". 

This was my first time using a Create Kids Couture pattern.  I will say that I am very impressed.  The fit is great and so were the instructions and charts. If you have not already downloaded the free pj pants pattern, go do it right now!

I made the girls 3 sets of these pjs using knit and flannel.  I have 3 more sets in fleece already cut out.

These tutu pajamas are such a huge hit, I am making their Halloween costumes in the same manner.



















Happy Sewing!



No comments:

Post a Comment