Saturday, November 30, 2013

LadyBug Bend's Tooth Fairy Pillow

Does anyone remember loosing their teeth when they were little?  I remember a few.  I also remember it being gross to put a tooth under my pillow but I sure was excited to get money! When I was older, I remember wondering how my parents got the tooth from under my pillow and replaced it with cold hard cash.  Now that I'm a parent, these thoughts once again travel through my head.  Not only wondering how to get a tooth from under a sleeping child, but how to make it more fun for them as well.  Our oldest, Ali Cat, is 3.5, so we have a few more years before teeth begin to loosen.  


LadyBug Bend has created the perfect solution to these problems.  Introducing
Tooth Fairy Pillow PDF sewing pattern!

This tooth design pattern comes with 9 options to perfectly meet your child's personality.

ballerina
princess
prince
pirate
fairy
cowboy
clown
ninja
super hero


With a pocket on the back to hold a tooth and money, you won't have to roll your child out of bed to get the money from under the pillow.  You can add a ribbon to hang from a knob, or leave the ribbon off if your child would like a plushie friend instead.  Good lucky prying it out of little sleeping hands!

The Tooth Fairy Pillow is a perfect beginner pattern and a quick one as well.  You will have a tooth pillow in 30 minutes. It's also a fabulous scrap buster! The pattern calls for felt, but any fabric could be used for the exterior.  If you want to make the pocket out of cotton or other fraying material, you can line the pocket or just fold under all the edges 1/4" and sew on.
My kids love the googly eyes and friendly embroidered smile.  This is quite a lovely pattern!

I made two: a ballerina and a cowgirl.



 
 For the cowgirl, I used the cowboy hat and pink felt.  I found a horse head silhouette, printed and cut it out, applied double sided fusible webbing to apply it to both the horse and the hat.  I stitched it on for safe measure. 

That's all folks!  Go get your tooth pattern ASAP!

2 comments: