Thursday, October 3, 2013

Sis Boom/Scientific Seamstress Angie


Sis Boom and THE Scientific Seamstress hook up to create some of the best clothing patterns available.  They have women's, men's, and children's patterns.  Scientific Seamstress (This link will take you to the Etsy site to purchase any of the patterns) also has her own patterns.  I'm close to owning all of them. They are very well written with excellent pictures.  However, if you happen to get stuck, you can hop over to the Scientific Seamstress Fan Page on Facebook.  If you aren't a member, you definitely should be!  The women on the page are the friendliest and nicest group.  Seriously, they are drama free and a very supportive and helpful bunch.

I really like the way the Angie bodice is designed. There are three neck line heights and front and back darts.  The original pattern has a full skirt (with pocket option!) and a loose bodice for a easy slip on dress. 

We attend several cocktail parties each year and am always in need of nicer dresses. I took the Angie, used the highly neckline option, made the bodice more fitted by taking in the darts and side seams, inserting a 20-22" invisible zipper on the back and adding a straight skirt with sash and embellishments to jazz it up.

I can't take any credit myself. I took inspiration from these Angies HERE and HERE.  That's my friend Crystal at Ginger Dimples.  Isn't she gorgeous?  and really f-ing talented!

Enough of the blah blah blah. I know I'm boring.  Here are the pictures.

Daddy Ali Cat was acting photographer and kept saying "Do something with your hands".
I'm not a model; I don't know what to do with my long ass arms.

What do you think?  I like honesty.








3 comments:

  1. looks like a great fit, lady! and what a fancy clasp at the back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! You look fabulous in it and I love the fabrics!

    ReplyDelete