Monday, December 9, 2013

Sewing Mama RaeAnna Cupcake Top




Thought I'd blast you with cuteness before introducing the new Cupcake Top by Sewing Mama RaeAnna.  Also check out her Facebook page to keep up to date with all of her awesomeness!

Ok, so I really love this top.  It took about two hours from cut to finish.  I really should jot down the times I sew to give more accurate estimates, but two hours sounds appropriate.  

All the ruffles are optional, making the Cupcake Top gender neutral. 



The pattern instructions and pictures are very clear.  This is a great pattern for a beginner or just a beginner with knit fabric. The pattern includes diagrams for measuring your child for a perfect fit and cutting charts.  The actual pattern has a different colors for each size, making cutting easy.

This is a size 2T on my 19 month old "baby".
Madeleine's head circumference is in the 98 percentile.  Big ol' ripe melon right there! I increased the neck binding just a smidgen in order to get it over her head, which is why the neck opening appears a bit large. Sometimes we even have problems with 3T clothing not fitting over the noggin, so we have to fudge it.  Shhhh, don't tell her that.
The pattern is more snug to fit the average head! 


Thank you Sewing Mama RaeAnna for choosing me to test this great pattern.  I am cutting out another one one today for the Ali Cat.

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! I can't wait to see how the revised pattern looks on your baby!!! Thank you SO MUCH for helping with the pattern! I appreciate it! :)

    ReplyDelete