Monday, July 7, 2014

Tortola by Sis Boom



 TORTOLA, BABY!
Free ride; who's with me?

I'm ecstatic to introduce the newest Sisboom pattern: Tortola!


Update: Scratch all what is below.  You can now buy the Tortola HERE!

 Sign me up, you say!  Where do I get it?
Hold your ponies, I shall explain.

Tortola Q&A


Q: What the hell does that mean?
 A: It means that you can get an advanced copy of the pattern (as in TODAY) if you join the club.
Problem solved!


Q: What if I don't want to join the cool club?
 A: You will have to wait until October when the pattern is released by itself.

Q: Ok, ok, I want the Tortola NOW, so what's this Pattern Club?
A: The Road Trip Pattern Club is 5 patterns by 5 fabulous designers.
One pattern is released every 3 weeks starting May 27th ending August 18th (They are secrets).

Q: Do I get the already released patterns if I sign up after the start?
A: Yes, you will receive all the already released patterns and then you will receive the future patterns on the individual release dates.

Q: What's that link again?

Q: I like your shirts.  Can you tell me about them?
A:  I was hoping you'd ask!

 Tortola sizes range from XS to 3XL.
Pattern calls for woven fabric (but see below for knit info).
The pattern is cut on the bias providing a comfortable stretch and attractive drape.
No Zippers, no buttons.  It's an easy slip over the head shirt that only takes 30-45 minutes to sew, depending on your Facebook addiction.
Got big boobs?  No problem-the pattern has cut lines for a full bust adjustment (FBA).
Tall, short, normal?  The pattern has lengths to fit your body perfectly.

For my first Tortola, I used a special occasion fabric.  Honestly, I don't know what it's called-maybe some kind of gauze? It's very fluid and lovely.
I cut the XS with FBA and 25" length.

 Second Tortola I made with knit.
I did NOT cut my pattern on the bias, but cut it with the stretch going across the body.
I used quilting cotton for the front and back facing for stability. 
I was concerned if knit was used for the shirt facing, that it would droop.  I don't want no droopiness.
Since knit is stretchy, I did not use FBA.  I'm boarderline for FBA anyway, so I omitted it here.


I am in LOVE with my Tortolas and will be making many, many more.
I promise on my Girl Scout's honor, you will love the Tortola too.



No comments:

Post a Comment