Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Origins Make Up Reviews


I turn 30 next year.  I'm not worried about the number, but I don't like what age, babies, and so many sleepless nights are doing to my face-particularly my eyes.  Daddy Ali Cat has been notified that next July he will be purchasing filler injections for around my eyes. I also recommended that he start an HSA for my cosmetic procedures. 

I'm a huge proponent of any cosmetic enhancement.  I don't see it different than working out and eating healthy.  It makes me feel better about myself.  Vanity? Yes, it's my favorite sin.


Let me tell you a story. I was born with an ear deformity.  The top of my right ear did not detach from my head while in the womb. In the 5th grade I had to start wearing glasses.  Because of my ear, my glasses were always crooked.  I HATED it. I also had really long hair that my mom would put in a pony tail which showed my deformed ear.  Mario Perez (yes, I remember his name) made fun of me every single damn day. "What's wrong with your ear, Brianne?" I cried every day. I started wearing contacts in the 6th grade and my mom took me to a cosmetic surgeon.  I was took young to fix the ear.  I had to finish growing.  My solution was to always have my hair down so no one could see my ear.  It truly damaged my self esteem. Fast forward.  Got married and we moved to Italy.  Right before we were moving back to the States, an ENT plastic surgeon arrived at the Navy Hospital.  I immediately made an appointment with him to check out my ear.  The main concern with my ear is whether or not it was fully formed and just never detached or if there was no cartilage and it would have to be built. Regardless, I would also have to have a fairly large skin graft taken from my hip.  I was willing to do anything.  Luckily, my ear was fully formed and just needed to be cut away from my head and apply a skin graft in the new opening between my head and back of the ear.
Glorious!  It is amazing how much it raised my self esteem.  I am forever grateful to Dr. Amsbury. He did a kick ass job. So, YES, I think any cosmetic surgery or procedure that makes you feel better about you is completely acceptable.

I also had a boob job last March.  I recommend that to ALL little bitty booby women.  ALL. I feel more womanly and sexier. Plus they look damn good.

Back to the point.

A few weeks ago I ordered 2 products from Origins and was able to pick 6 free samples plus get free shipping.  They always have amazing deals like this, so sign up for emails.  Origins products are amazing (most of them) so it's worth being bombarded by daily emails from them. Also, Origins has the fastest shipping possible.  You'll get your order within 2-3 days of ordering.

Let's chat about what I ordered.

1. I purchased All and Nothing Loose Powder based on the reviews. Everyone said it is awesome, even with nothing underneath.  There are no shades to pick from; it's supposed to be perfect on everyone.  Sounds a little frightening, honestly.
Received it; opened it; FREAKED out.  It looked really dark for my fair skin.  With only face lotion on, I tried it out with my face brush.  Whoa Nelly!  It does blend in with your skin tone!  This shit is uh-mazing!  Love it.  Recommend it.
This picture I'm only wearing face lotion, All and Nothing, blush, and mascara.
(I hate that you can see my brains up my nostrils.  I'd love to have a rhinoplasty.  ) 





















2.
Stay Tuned balancing face make up : The second item I purchased.  I should have gone to the local store to see what color matched my skin ton THEN ordered online. I selected "nude" and it's pretty close; I might need one shade darker.  Overall, I'm very please.  It goes on smooth, dry quickly and looks great all day. This will become my go to foundation.

Wearing Stay Tuned


















With Stay Tuned and All and Nothing



















With Stay Tuned, All and Nothing, and all other make up


















3. Drink Up hydrating lip balm
Calling BS on "lip balm".  This is just a regular ol' lip gloss. It's fine  It's not sticky but it doesn't exactly taste good.  It doesn't taste bad, just really not good. Doesn't last long, but then no lip gloss does. I wouldn't spend $17 on it, but I will accept and use a freebee.
If you want the exact same look for much less, then buy Rimmel Stay Glossy 3D in Popcorn for 2. It's only $4.99.



















4. GinZing Refreshing face mask to wake up tired skin
I don't know what this shit is.  Don't waste your hard earned money, or your baby daddy's hard earned money.
It's gel like, clear.  Smear it all over your face....and see/feel no results of any kind.




















5.Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Mega-Mushroom Skin Face Cream
At first I really liked this.  It's very hydrating and refreshing. The price, however, it terrifying.  $63!
However, after using it several days in a row my skin felt dry after the lotion soaked in. 
I'm not convinced by it.  However, I don't have redness to fix.  Plus my husband, Mr. Skeptical, laughs at putting any kind of food on your face. Are mushrooms the new cure-all?
No picture. I'm sure you don't care to see my lotioned face again.

6. A Perfect World Antioxidant cleanser with White Tea
LOVE this stuff.  I've been searching for a permanent cleanser for a while.  I'm never 100% satisfied with whatever I choose at the drug store. It smells good, it's refreshing, and seems to clean better.
Its $23.50 and a little bit goes a long way.  Dime size will clean your whole face and neck.
I consider this a MUST BUY!

This and the next one are shower time activities, thus no pictures.

7.Modern Friction Nature's gentle dermabrasion
Once again calling bull shit on the word "dermabrasion".  This is a daily face scrub trying to be fancy.
As with the cleanser above, I really like this.  The 'dermabrasion' beads are larger so it's not as harsh as some scrubs.  It smells and feels good on the skin.
But let me tell you, everyday when I use this, it gets in my eyes.  This does not happen with any other scrub or cleanser I've ever used.  But every f-ing day, this shit burns my eyes.  I don't get it.
While I think this scrub is good, I'd rather not spend the $39.50 for it.  For $6.99, I like Aveeno's Positively Radiant scrub just as much.  Actually, I might like it more because it doesn't get in my damn eyes.

8.Clear Improvement Active charcoal mask to clear pores 
This shit is DA BOMB.  Once a week I charcoal mask up.  You can feel this goop working.  My kids are terrified of me, but hey, that means I get 10-15 minutes alone.
Rub it on, let it dry, and wash off.  My skin is smooth and fabulous all week.  I honestly believe it is deep cleaning those nasty clogged pores.  Pores seem smaller and and skin is smoother.  My trouble area is the fold where the nose meets the face.  I'm sure there is technical term for that area, but I don't know it.  It seems that's where most of my larger, dirty pores are. After three weeks of masks, I see a difference in this area.
It's $25 and well worth it.



















Other items I have and love:
1. Ginzing refreshing eye cream: This is a day time under eye cream.  It has a soft shimmer that reflects light away from your sad, tired eyes.  Makes the dark circles less apparent.

2. Plantscriptions Youth renewing night cream:I wear this night and day.  It is super hydrating and moisturizing.  It soaks in your skin quickly but you never feel dry.  I want this exact same thing but with sunscreen for daytime-which would be Plantscriptions Anti Aging Cream 25SPF

3. Plantscriptions Anti Aging Eye Cream: I put this on every night, and sometimes during the day, along with the above night cream.  I've been using it for almost 6 months and see a difference with my under eyes-they look less tired.

What I want to try:
Night-a-mins: Gets good reviews, so I'm intrigued


Hope these reviews help someone out!
Happy Thanksgiving!



No comments:

Post a Comment